To all who mourn in Israel, He will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the LORD has planted for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Fundraiser for Jessica!



As some of you may know (or may not), Jessica of Chronically Vintage and her husband Tony lost just about everything they owned in a house fire at the beginning of last month.  When I first started thinking I would like to do vintage, Jessica's blog was one of the first ones that I devoured.  She isn't just lovely on the outside, with her incredibly gorgeous outfits, make up and vintage styled hair, she is so very encouraging and lovely in her person.  I was sick to discover that she had lost everything...

Bonita of Lavender and Twill started a Facebook page Helping the Cangianos as a kick start to aiding this lovely vintage dresser and blogger.   Not knowing how to help, I decided that I had some vintage patterns that I could donate to be sold and contacted my lovely friend Lily of Mode de Lis and she thought it a fun idea!  Lily has done all the hard work of beautifully photographing the patterns and making sure all the pieces are in the envelopes!  She will even be mailing them...going to the post office causes me to break out in hives!!  Please check out her Etsy shop ModeDeLis and help us help the Cangianos!!

100% of the proceeds from the "Fundraiser for Jessica" category at Lily's store will go directly to Jessica. 25% of sales from the rest of the store ModeDeLis and her sister store SewingEmporiumCo from November 12-16 will also go to Jessica.

We have sold 7 so far!  Huzzaaaaaaah!!!!  Won't you join in the fun?


Photo by Lily of Mode de Lis

Be blessed my friends!

g


3 comments:

  1. Well that's now 8 sold! I've been on the lookout for a 1930s suit pattern for a while, so when I saw the Hollywood Patterns one I snapped it up! Not sure when I'll get round to making it up, but it's lovely to be able to help in any way, plus I'm thrilled to be buying one of your patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Huzzaaaaaaaaaah!!! That makes me so beyond thrilled BT!! I am happy that you bought one of the patterns and that it will be going to Jessica!! I can't wait to see it all made up by you!
      Blessings!!!!!!!
      g

      Delete
    2. I meant to say that the funds will be going to Jessica...I was just so excited, my fingers were moving of their own accord!

      Delete